Overview of Events
Almelund Threshing Show’s Tractor Pull is one of our preeminent events!
FREE grandstand bleacher seating right next to the pulling track. Get up close and personal with the tractors and their drivers. Cheer on your favorites. Food stand, beer garden and toilets located behind the bleachers.
For those of you with a tractor to show off – here is all the information that you need to know!
Tractor Entry Fee: Per hook: $20
TRACTOR PULLING GENERAL RULES FOR ALL CLASSES
- Drivers must be 18 years old or older. Those 16 to 18 years old will be allowed to pull if they have written consent from their parent or guardian. No one under 16 is allowed to pull unless they have completed the tractor clinic safety test.
- The driver must be weighed with the tractor during the day of the pull, on the same scale as everyone. A new scale was installed in 2018 AND the scale has been checked and is MDoT certified!
- Drivers must be seated on the seat and have complete control of the tractor at all times.
- No alcohol consumption will be allowed by the pullers until after they are done for the day. NO refund will be made if you are disqualified under this rule.
- If anything falls off the tractor during the time of pull, the tractor will be disqualified.
- Tractor, not the sled, must remain in bounds at all times. Out of bounds will result in disqualification.
- Any tractor can qualify in a maximum of two (2) classes. One hook per class.
- Drawbars must not exceed 20 inches in height. Point of pull is to be 18 inches minimum from the center of the rear axle. Point of pull is where the chain hook from the sled engages in the clevis or pull ring. Draw bars must be stationary in all directions.
- Weight brackets must not extend rearward beyond rear tires and cannot be more than 11 feet from the center of rear axle to the furthest point forward.
- One restart will be allowed only if the tractor has traveled 50 feet or less. Pull will end if front raises over 18” during the pull.
- All rules will be interpreted by the Rules Committee. Any unforeseen problems or oversights will be ruled on by the Rules Committee with their rulings being final.
- Argumentative or abusive behavior will not be tolerated. Anyone being abusive or argumentative will be escorted to the entrance gate, asked to leave, and prohibited from returning this year’s show.
We are here to have fun.